Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bikin' the Back Roads

Another quiet day...Eldy went to an RV chat this morning but the schedule was a little mixed up and the Cummins Engine guy is coming next week, so basically, he was in a coffee klatch this morning, chewin' the fat with the fellas.....Always a good thing for guys to have an outlet where they can talk about MANLY stuff! Or complain about their wives, who knows? Honestly, I think the guys can talk up a storm just as good as the women can! (Careful, now, Sparky, you might be stirring up some trouble here...)

Sparky went hunting for supplies in Clermont for the scarf class coming up this Saturday...then attended a jewelry making class--always looking for a way to make some extra money down the road..Today, we made bracelets and earrings. I think they turned out great, our teacher was really great. She's going to do some more classes in the next couple of weeks. (Sparky has yet to see a profit, but I'm holding out for one, says E.) Just gotta find my niche!  Eldy's so patient, he's like Rick of Rick and Paulette's Travels, where Rick supports Paulette's quilting 100%! Eldy's backing me 100% except just not the money bags part, which is a wise decision on his part--let's wait for Sparky to MAKE some money, not SPEND it on craft supplies...(Gulp! Sparky came home all excited today about making and selling jewelry, explains E. Haven't seen too many beads in the cupboard but I'm hopin' they are already there and not something ELSE she's got to stock up on....) Hm-m-m-m...maybe making jewelry might be the way to go.... But hey--scarf class looks promising, eight people have signed up! Should be fun!

Another bike ride today along county roads near Florida Grande....late in the day to catch the sun's rays peeking through the moss draped trees....

And I had to say hello to some big guys......They were very curious and came over to the fence to check me out.....(What's with Sparky and these cows? She must have been a farm girl in another life! thinks E.) Yeah, it's a little goofy, I do love cows...Used to date a farmer years ago, maybe that has something to do with it. Used to bale hay, run a skid loader, bottle feed struggling calves. I did that for a couple of years and realized that was not the life for me even though I liked the hard work. I liked going back to the simpler things in life like having a garden, doing chores, taking care of animals.  I DO like animals, most kinds, what can I say?...I had to go over the the fence and talk to the cows..."Hi, guys, how are you doin'? You're a handsome bunch of fellas...." Even let one of them lick my hand....Then I thought I better get going in case some farmer thought I was up to some mischief!

A beautiful day.....very thankful that I have such a supportive partner in Eldy who encourages me to do the things I love to do....and never says a word about the coach having enough yarn to be yarn bombed if I so felt like it! Yarn bombing is where you actually knit stuff to fit around everyday objects...Here is an example....Hey, Eldy, I could yarn bomb PARTS of the coach! Maybe the mirrors, maybe the windshield...gee, that would take a LOT more yarn than what I got on board....heheheh........

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. That is a great picture of the tree with the sun glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannie, a girlfriend of mine made a yarn scarf for me 2 years ago. I love it, but it has stretched out of shape, it now goes down to my ankles! is there any way to shrink it so I can wear it again? I am not a knitter, so redoingn it is out of the question. Help if you can.
    gay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics are great. . .I want a bike!

    Janice
    ReadyToGoFullTimeRVing.com

    ReplyDelete