Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pizza and Jazz--great combo!


There's nothing I love more than eating in an outdoor restaurant with live music and good food. Oakhurst, CA has a pizza place called the Pizza Factory, and every Thursday night starting in May thru September (?), they have a group called the Yosemite Jazz Band, a group that plays lots of jazz standards and favorites while you dine in or outside on the patio.

We really enjoyed some delicious pizza while listening to a group of guys some of whom are obviously not spring chickens, but they sure know how to swing it and play it! They really enjoy working together which was very obvious, and that made our dinner and the music  more enjoyable, too. We shared a table with another couple and got to talking about musical instruments, which Eldy used to make, and it was just very enjoyable all the way around! We also heard from a little half pint at break time, the daughter of the banjo player. She was only six years old, but she belted out "Has Anybody Seen My Gal?" (or "Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue" ? fame) with such naturalness and gusto, that don't be surprised if you see her on America's Got Talent sometime in the future...Great hat, kiddo!

Great time, great entertainment (free--just tips appreciated) and a delight for a small town to offer this.....

It won't be long before we leave for the Northwest coast...Eldy is in planning mode....Sorry for the confusion on the blog for any repeats..since some of my posts disappeared, I reposted them so I can put them into book form!  See you later!

2 comments:

  1. I love that part of the country... Any child under the age 8 that can sing stirs the heart big time for me. I have seen some amazing kids that can sing better then most adults... Pizza - that's word we try not to use around here - gets me into trouble every time lol...

    Evielynne
    www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love 'Has anybody seen my gal' - I used to sing that with my grandma all the time. Sounds like a great time was had!

    ReplyDelete